|Photo by: stevepb via Pixabay|
Lisa of oflifeandlisa.com offers six tricks to iron clothes faster.
1.Placing a sheet of aluminum foil on the ironing board, which will reflect heat and steam when clothes are being ironed.This will reduce the ironing time as only side of clothes needs to be ironed.
2.Using a binder clip to keep pant legs in place and will not move during ironing, resulting in a crisper crease in pants.Binder clips can also be used with shirt sleeves and hems.
3.Placing a damp cloth over delicate clothing, and using a warm iron to remove the wrinkles.
4.Protecting shirt buttons from damage by putting a spoon over them while ironing.
5. Ironing sashes, ties, and collars with a clean flat iron.
6.Spraying a paper bag with a mixture of ¼ cup vinegar and ¾ cup water and used in removing tough wrinkles.The wrinkles disappear instantly when the bag is placed over a wrinkle and ironed with a warm iron.
Adding fabric softener during the wash cycle is a good way of removing wrinkles.
On the other hand, there are ways to remove wrinkles from clothes without having to use an iron or if one is not readily available, according to Perrie Samotin of stylecaster.com.
- A flat iron, the same device for straightening hair can also be used to smoothen clothes, claims Samotin.
- A clothes dryer set to medium can be used in removing the wrinkles from small clothing items, such as handkerchiefs.
- A metal pot that has been emptied of boiling water can be in straightening wrinkles in clothes.
- A mattress.A wrinkled garment can be rolled like a burrito, and put under a mattress for an hour.Most of the wrinkles will be gone, once the garment is taken out after an hour.
- Damp dryer sheets that are placed in dryers with wrinkled clothing inside.
- A professional anti-wrinkle spray, which relies on fiber-relaxing technology and is safe to be used with any type of fabric.
- A damp towel placed over wrinkled clothing and gently pressing down and smoothing the creases.